K-pop solo artist Dawn began his mandatory military service on Thursday, according to music label At Area.
“I am going to deliver a bit of a sudden announcement. I am beginning my mandatory military service today by doing alternative service,” Dawn took to his social media.
“Please understand that I could not share the information earlier as I wanted to enlist quietly. Nonetheless, I wanted to say that I am very thankful for my fans who always support me and I will be back after completing my compulsory military service,” he added.
He also said that he has some songs prepared, which will be released while he is serving the country.
Dawn debuted in 2016 as a member of the K-pop boy group Pentagon.
He left the group in 2018 and since has begun his career as a solo artist, producing hit tracks such as “Money,” “Stupid Cool,” and “Dear My Lights.”
- S. Korea set to open largest
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales